IOPS on my sql server | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

IOPS on my sql server

We are trying to upgrade our network.
For that we have to get GB ethernet of fiber. Can someone tell me how i can see the IOPS on my SQL 7.0 server. thanks Bas
As far I know there is no counter with Performance Monitor to see that.
May be trasactions per second will help, but wait for others members post. Luis Martin
SQL-Server-Performance.com The views expressed here are those of the author and no one else. There are no warranties as to the reliability or accuracy of anything presented here.
If this is a dedicated SQL server box, looking at counters under Network Interface should give you a fair amount of idea about the network usgae of SQL Server. Gaurav
Man thrives, oddly enough, only in the presence of a challenging environment- L. Ron Hubbard

The views expressed here are those of the author and no one else. There are no warranties as to the reliability or accuracy of anything presented here.
Gaurav, Network Interface is a performance counter under SQ 7.0?.
I see it under SQL2000.
Luis Martin
SQL-Server-Performance.com The views expressed here are those of the author and no one else. There are no warranties as to the reliability or accuracy of anything presented here.
I don’t think it is related to SQL Server. It is a Windows Server Counter. Gaurav
Man thrives, oddly enough, only in the presence of a challenging environment- L. Ron Hubbard

The views expressed here are those of the author and no one else. There are no warranties as to the reliability or accuracy of anything presented here.
WHat is the version of operating system and its SP? Satya SKJ
http://www.SQL-Server-Performance.Com/forum
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no rights for the sake of knowledge sharing.
Yes, Gaurav, my misstake. SQL 7.0 with NT was my problem. Luis Martin
I think IOPS counter can be seen if the hardware is in SAN/NAS environment.
At our end I can’t see on the normal H/w setup, only in one of the SAN setup. Satya SKJ
http://www.SQL-Server-Performance.Com/forum
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no rights for the sake of knowledge sharing.
]]>