Isolation level Serializable | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

Isolation level Serializable

I am using SQL 2K standard version with Sp4. I use SQL profiler to trace a ‘set isolation level serializable’ statement and it shows up in the trace on a particular database used by a web application (coldfusion engine 6.x). Our developers said they didn’t put this isolation level in their code nor the DSN configuration of the web appliation. We have done a search on the code and the serializable statement doesn’t come up. The web application that generates this isolation serializable statement is using JDBC. Since the statement doesn’t exist in the code, where would this isolation level statement come from? How can I track it down or where should I look? Is there a way I can terminate this isolation level in MS SQL for any existing and future session? Any help on this is very much appreicated. wingman
The isolation level read commited is SQL default, but Serializable is not.
If you find it in profiler, in some place was written. Luis Martin
SQL-Server-Performance.com One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one’s work is terribly important
Bertrand Russell Nunca esperes el reconocimiento de tus hijos, eso ocurrirá luego de tu muerte
All postings are provided “AS IS” with no warranties for accuracy.
Yep, I am aware of default. As far as I understand, that session/connection which has the serializable statement is generated via the web application and I can’t do anything from EM or use a T-SQL statement to remove it. Am I right? Do you have some insight or way for me to track this serializable statment down? Wingman
As far I know, you can do it.
Bur why don’t you talk with web developers and make your point?
Luis Martin
SQL-Server-Performance.com Although nature commences with reason and ends in experience it is necessary for us to do the opposite, that is to commence with experience and from this to proceed to investigate the reason.
Leonardo Da Vinci Nunca esperes el reconocimiento de tus hijos, eso ocurrirá luego de tu muerte
All postings are provided “AS IS” with no warranties for accuracy.
Yes, I have and they don’t have any ideas where the statement may be. As I mentioned in my previous email, we did a search on the code in that web application and we can’t find the set serializable statement. You mentioned I can do it, what can I do? wingman
]]>