Keep Together Function | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

Keep Together Function

My requirement is to keep the detailed row and the group total together. ie Group total has to be with at least one detail row. In Crystal report, this can be achieved by Keep Together Function. SQL reporting as far my knowledge has got a check box for the table which reads, "Fit table on one page if possible". I am using SQL 2000. In my report, this option is checked. Still, its not holding water sometimes. Is there any thing else we have to take care off like size of the row or something like? Has any body come across this similar issue, any work around? Thanks in Advance,
Babin

There is such setting about KeepTogether property where you can define in the report. Satya SKJ
Microsoft SQL Server MVP
Writer, Contributing Editor & Moderator
http://www.SQL-Server-Performance.Com
This posting is provided AS IS with no rights for the sake of knowledge sharing. The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes of mind.
Satya,
Thankyou for your responce. I have already used the KeepTogether property checked for the report. My question was, still the problem persist and is there anything other than this we need to do to keep the header and atleast one detail row together.

What version of Reporting services are used here? Satya SKJ
Microsoft SQL Server MVP
This posting is provided AS IS with no rights for the sake of knowledge sharing. The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes of mind.
Satya,
We are using Reporting Service 2000.
Hm, I was under impression it is RS 2005. Apologies that I haven’t got much experience with RS 2000 in this case. But if I find anything relevant I will post here. Satya SKJ
Microsoft SQL Server MVP
Did anyone have any luck with this? I have the same issue (RS 2005) where I need to "keep together" a table group. This was very simple in Crystal Reports (just a simple checkbox). I’ve searched forum after forum and nobody’s been able to do this.
It is a known aggrevation in RS. I am also originally a CR developer and find this very very frustrating. It is my understanding that you have a keep together property for a rectangle or a list box, but not in a table or matrix. That is my issue. You can keep them together in the same cell in a table but it will share the formatting of the cell (which is what is driving me crazy right now) sorry I couldnt be more help Michael
MCDBA "The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best friends — if they’re okay, then it’s you!"
There is now one solution to my issue and that is keep it in the same row as the footer row in the table object. But then it needs to be formatted differently which it doesnt appear to be able to do since the cell in the table has the bold property and not the next and also since it wont render html. sigh…
any suggestions? Michael
MCDBA "The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best friends — if they’re okay, then it’s you!"
I had to create two "tables". One for the report and one for the totals line with a footer. This works since they are kept together per "table". Sigh… Michael
]]>