Large Snapshot Question | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

Large Snapshot Question

We are initializing a large snapshot to our remote subscribers. This is a new publication and it’s using an existing Distribution Agent. Will all data from the other publications going to that subscriber get delayed until this large snapshot initialization finishes?
Yes I belive so.
Why not restore a copy of your publisher DB on the subscriber and set up replication without initializing the snapshot. ***********************
Dinakar Nethi
SQL Server MVP
Snapshot works basically as similar to transaction log backup/restore, so I would go with what Dinesh suggested. Satya SKJ
Microsoft SQL Server MVP
Contributing Editor & Forums Moderator
http://www.SQL-Server-Performance.Com
This posting is provided AS IS with no rights for the sake of knowledge sharing.
Dinakare advise is the best solution, if you don’t want to go in that direction… Then do the following to optimize your replication… Don’t create one publication for all tables…
create one publications for 5-10 small tables or for one big table…
and if possible use filtering to reduce the data size.
Mohammed U.
Can someone advise if I can do Trnsaction Replication between two different databases and between two tables having different name and publisher than at subscriber ? If yes then how one can write code for it ? Prabhash
PJ
what i understand is U want to configure Transactional Replication from DB1.TableA to DB2.TableB. it means u want to select the target table like in DTS. I don’t think it is possible. There are workaround if at all u want to have different names in Subscriber as the application demands that. Create a view or synonym for the replicated table in subscriber. Madhu
I think you can do Transactional Replication from DB1.TableA to DB2.TableB.. Check in the publicatin properties/Article/article properties (…) button/General tab you can change the destination table…
Mohammed U.
]]>