Log Shipping Doubt | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

Log Shipping Doubt

Dear All.
I have my environment with SQL 2005 Databases and those Databases are configured with LogShipping Configuration.here i want to clarify one doubt related to detaching the Databases. my database has been configured the LS Process and i want to detach my database for some purpose. If Once i detach the DB is All the LS Configuration features will come while attaching the Database or we need to re-configure the Process. Please let me know your views on this.

You have to reinstate the LOG SHIPPING process again,a s the DB is detached and attached the system catalog values will be updated.
LS is a complete manual process and in any case even for DB mirroring or replication if you detach and attach you have to reinstate the process again.

]]>

Software Reviews | Book Reviews | FAQs | Tips | Articles | Performance Tuning | Audit | BI | Clustering | Developer | Reporting | DBA | ASP.NET Ado | Views tips | | Developer FAQs | Replication Tips | OS Tips | Misc Tips | Index Tuning Tips | Hints Tips | High Availability Tips | Hardware Tips | ETL Tips | Components Tips | Configuration Tips | App Dev Tips | OLAP Tips | Admin Tips | Software Reviews | Error | Clustering FAQs | Performance Tuning FAQs | DBA FAQs |