Log Shipping failing due to large trn files | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

Log Shipping failing due to large trn files

SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Edition
At certain times of the day the transaction log files created are to large to be handled by the Log Shipping process. Due to large batch jobs.
As a consequence I have to reinitialize the Log Shipping process
-Primary Server – the Transaction Log Back Up job runs every 5 minutes from 00:00:00 to 23:59:59
-Secondary Server : The Transaction Log Copy Job – runs every 5 minutes from 00:01:00 to 23:59:59
-Secondary Server : The Transaction Log Restore Jobs – run every 5 minutes from 00:02:00 to 23:59:59
It is necessary to keep the Log Shipping process 24 hrs a day , does any one have any strategies which may assist in dealing with very large .TRN files in
the log shipping context ?
What is the frequency of transaction log backup?

Every 5 minutes ,

Satya , I also forgot to mention – I’ve reset everything to 15 minutes and seem to run through the night OK. But I am still interested in any strategies related to log shipping

You could even run the reindexing and other update stats job on required tables only, such as that will have frequent updates/inserts as compared to other tables. This way you cna reduce the log file load.
http://searchsqlserver.techtarget.com/generic/0,295582,sid87_gci1264085,00.html# sums it all.

]]>

Software Reviews | Book Reviews | FAQs | Tips | Articles | Performance Tuning | Audit | BI | Clustering | Developer | Reporting | DBA | ASP.NET Ado | Views tips | | Developer FAQs | Replication Tips | OS Tips | Misc Tips | Index Tuning Tips | Hints Tips | High Availability Tips | Hardware Tips | ETL Tips | Components Tips | Configuration Tips | App Dev Tips | OLAP Tips | Admin Tips | Software Reviews | Error | Clustering FAQs | Performance Tuning FAQs | DBA FAQs |