Log shipping restoration Problem | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

Log shipping restoration Problem

Dear Sir,
I’m from Brazil and very inexperienced in SQL Server. I need some advice. Please help me.
I’ve been trying to implement a log shipping procedure using the guide wrote by Mr. Brad M. McGehee (http://www.databasejournal.com/features/mssql/article.php/1467581/How-to-Do-SQL-Server-Log-Shipping.htm) and I’m having trouble to make it work. The restoration process fails. Not sure why. Maybe I did something wrong when creating the stored procedures but I just can’t find the error.
After reviewing the SQL Job log, I found this error message:
Could not obtain a required interface from OLE DB provider ‘ADsDSOobject’.[SQLSTATE 42000][error 7301]. The Step Failed. In my case, I use the following variables:
Database name: ALTERDATA
Databse files: ALTERDATA_MODELO.mdf and ALTERDATA_log.ldf
Backup Devices: ERP_DB_BK_DEVICE.BAK and ERP_LOG_BK_DEVICE.BAK
STANDBY SERVER NAME: PET300
DBO_ONLY,
REPLACE,
STANDBY = ‘D:SQL_DADOSMSSQLDATAUNDO_ALTERDATA_LOG.ldf’,
MOVE ‘ALTERDATA_MODELO’ TO ‘D:SQL_DADOSMSSQLDATAALTERDATA_MODELO.mdf’,
MOVE ‘ALTERDATA_LOG’ TO ‘ D:SQL_DADOSMSSQLDATAALTERDATA_log.ldf’ WAITFOR DELAY ’00:00:05′ EXEC sp_dboption ‘ALTERDATA, ‘single user’, true
DBO_ONLY,
STANDBY = ‘D:SQL_DADOSMSSQLDATAUNDO_ALTERDATA_LOG.ldf’, WAITFOR DELAY ’00:00:05′ EXEC sp_dboption ‘ALTERDATA, ‘single user’, true
EXEC PET300.master.dbo.restore_database_backups
What am I doing wrong? Please, help.
Yours,
Eduardo Teixeira

I believe it is linked server issue…
Make sure your linked server configuration is correct and you can access the data and execute the procedure via linked server…

I think you´re correct but I still don’t know how to solve the problem. When I try to access the standby (linked) server tables, I get the following error:
Error 7301: Could not obtain a required interface from the OLE DB provider ‘ADsDSOObject’. OLE DB error trace [OLE/DB Provider ‘ADsDSOObject’ Unknown:: QueryInterface returned … IDBSchemaRowset].
in different words, it’s the same error I found in the job history report. Can someone please help?
Yours,
Eduardo
Hi,
You would required to run sp_addlinkedserver to add server (this you will require to run at both server ) and sp_addlinkedsrvlogin (to map a login on a remote/linked server, this also requires to run on both server)
Suggests you to refer BOL for sp_addlinkedserver and sp_addlinkedsrvlogin and refer this link for better understanding http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms188279(SQL.90).aspx
hth

]]>

Software Reviews | Book Reviews | FAQs | Tips | Articles | Performance Tuning | Audit | BI | Clustering | Developer | Reporting | DBA | ASP.NET Ado | Views tips | | Developer FAQs | Replication Tips | OS Tips | Misc Tips | Index Tuning Tips | Hints Tips | High Availability Tips | Hardware Tips | ETL Tips | Components Tips | Configuration Tips | App Dev Tips | OLAP Tips | Admin Tips | Software Reviews | Error | Clustering FAQs | Performance Tuning FAQs | DBA FAQs |