Login failed in logship's copy and restore | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

Login failed in logship’s copy and restore

We are using SQL2k5 standard with sp2. We have turned on log shipping for a user db for three weeks now and it was working until this morning at 10:00 am. All of a sudden, the copy job and restore job at the standby server failed. THe job monitor indicated both jobs have the login failed error. I don’t recall I made any changes on the logshipping settings at all. I am puzzled as of what happened. As of right now, logshipping process is still backing up the database transaction log but nothing is copied to the log shipped server since 10:00 am. If I need to redo the logship, I am ok with it but if there is a way I can just start over from the transactin log since 10:00 am, it would be great. By the way, how do I reset the ‘login’ for the copy and restore in case something bad did happen? I think I have some idea but I want to hear an expert’s advice. Both the primary and log shipped servers use the same windows account to start both SQL service and Agent service. This windows account has the full right on the shared folder which stores the Logship transaction logs in both servers. Wingman
Login to primary server with service account and try to copy the files and see what you get..
Is service account password set to expired in window config?
MohammedU.
SQL-Server-Performance.com All postings are provided “AS IS” with no warranties for accuracy.

Yep, I tried that already and I can copy. The servers are not in a domain env, instead a workgroup env. The service account exists in both servers with the same name and password and are set to ‘not expired’.
quote:Originally posted by MohammedU Login to primary server with service account and try to copy the files and see what you get..
Is service account password set to expired in window config?
MohammedU.
SQL-Server-Performance.com All postings are provided “AS IS” with no warranties for accuracy.

]]>