loss data | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

loss data

I loss data in my database, I can know who do it? maybe de ip-address or mac address somedoby help me [V]
The only way is to read Transactionlog file by using third party tool LUMIGENT’s LOG EXPLORER, where it shows the activity on the database. _________
Satya SKJ

Or, if you have a full database backup, or transaction log backups, you can restore them. But without a backup, or a tool like Log Explorer, you are out of luck. —————————–
Brad M. McGehee, MVP
Webmaster
SQL-Server-Performance.Com
True, in case you want to recover the data then as Brad referred you can restore from the database. But to find out the perpetrator you need LOG EXPLORER to read Tlog. _________
Satya SKJ

I was under the impression he is more interested in finding out WHO did it… Bambola.
If what Bambola said is true, my understanding goes that it is difficult to retrieve the user (name / ip) who deleted the data. For handling these situations, we maintain an audit table for all the important tables which get updated when any insert/update/delete occur. So if you do not have this kind of logic applied in your application, I guess you are out of luck. Gaurav
Unfortunately if the measures were not in place then its difficult to find out WHO DID IT…
So keeping in mind about this issue you(ravlox) can adopt third party tools or own audit measures as Gaurav referred. _________
Satya SKJ

Ravlox, you can find LOG EXPLORER details from http://www.lumigent.com] and you can use TRIAL version on Northwind and Pubs database to get acquaitance. _________
Satya SKJ

]]>