Management Studio file editor message | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

Management Studio file editor message

When working in a .sql file inside of the editor for Management Studio, I repeatedly receive the following message (file resides on a network drive that only I use): “This file has been modified outside of the source editor. Do you want to reload it and lose the changes made in the source editor?” I cannot find a way to disable this feature. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. thank you,
Tracy
If you accept the reload, the code was changed? Luis Martin
SQL-Server-Performance.com All in Love is Fair
Stevie Wonder
All postings are provided “AS IS” with no warranties for accuracy.
Yes. But then the message will continue to pop up. It occurs randomly, even when I just open the file and have not yet made any changes. I could be working fine for a couple of hours, then it will start popping up continuously.
Well, or someone else is editing your query or you have some virus there.
Luis Martin
SQL-Server-Performance.com All in Love is Fair
Stevie Wonder
All postings are provided “AS IS” with no warranties for accuracy.
Do you have any other users accessing at same time?
What is the operating system? Satya SKJ
Microsoft SQL Server MVP
Writer, Contributing Editor & Moderator
http://www.SQL-Server-Performance.Com
This posting is provided AS IS with no rights for the sake of knowledge sharing. Knowledge is of two kinds. We know a subject ourselves or we know where we can find information on it.
The file resides on a network drive that only I use. I work in a small office and am the only SQL person here. We do have a virus checker that regularly scans that drive, so I would have hoped that would have caught any viruses. I guess I can go back to the Network Engineers to see what else may be going on, but the last time I checked, they could not find a reason for this. thanks.
Try with notepad also and you shouldn’t get such information, if that network drive or share has frequent changes then you will get such popups. Satya SKJ
Microsoft SQL Server MVP
Writer, Contributing Editor & Moderator
http://www.SQL-Server-Performance.Com
This posting is provided AS IS with no rights for the sake of knowledge sharing. Knowledge is of two kinds. We know a subject ourselves or we know where we can find information on it.
]]>