master corrupt | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

master corrupt

Dear friends of the forum: I have a SQL SERVER 2000 SP2 with the corrupt data base ‘ master’. I have already recovered it 2 times with ‘ rebuilbm’, but it continues being corrupt. What I can make to solve it?. Thanks.
First method is as u said i.e u can rebuild the master Next method is
If u have backup of all user databases then – Script the Sql server logins
– Move the backups to some other area.
– Format the disk where the sql server resides.
– Create Sql setup with Fresh installation apply all service packs.
– Now create all sql server logins in the new master.
– Move the backups where it resides to the server.
– restore all user databases from the backup.
– To make link between the orphaned logins with the current logins
run the command
EXEC sp_change_users_login ‘Update_One’, ‘loginname’, ‘loginname’. Note :- If u script the logins it will script all the users with passwordnull. If u want to script the logins with all passwords ref the links. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;246133
Thanks
Rushendra
Valid tips by Rushendra and also you should checkup why it has been caused. Refer thru Event viewer and SQL error log for any information on H/w or any resource. Still if nothing found, then take time to uninstall SQL server, remove registry keys, reboot the box and reinstall SQL freshly. As sometimes it may depends on previous system installation. Make sure to take full user databases backup and logins information as referred above. _________
Satya SKJ

In the end, trying to avoid to return to install SQL, I chose to apply SP3, and to return to make rebuilm, and resolute subject.
The track me gave one it of the errors that ‘dbcc checkdb’, and in support of Microsoft it was indicated that it was resolved with the SP3.
Greetings, and thanks.
Pardon by my English (good, by the one of my automatic translator).
]]>