Module(UNKNOWN+00000000) | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

Module(UNKNOWN+00000000)

I notice this message appear from time to time in sql log:
Module(UNKNOWN+00000000) I found the article explaining that this might be SSL entryption. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=312948 I checked Server Network Utility :force protocol encrypton is unchecked.
Named Pipes thought goes first and then TCP Ip protocol.
I don’t know if that matter. Is that message serious.Or can be ignored?
What is the version of SQL and SP used and also O/s?
I’m aware such issues when you use XP_SENDMAIL process.
Do you have any other issues while this is happening? _________
Satya SKJ
SQL-Server-Performance.Com

sql 2000 not patched and not will be.
defauld email acount is not configured there so i assume we are not
useing xp_sendmail
i don’t have any other issue but my concerns are what those messages can bring me in the
future
You’ve to patch the SQL with latest SPs to get rid of such errors though few of them are informational (not in this case). Make sure there are no issues with the h/w resources such as memory, h/disk, NIC etc. _________
Satya SKJ

Well… additionally if you read the KBA referred by you
….Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed at the beginning of this article. This problem was first corrected in Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Service Pack 2 and MDAC 2.6 Service Pack 2. …. Under many circumstances, a SQL Server symptom dump may not be generated because of the memory pressure on the server required for the allocation failure.
So for this reason refer thru LOG directory for SQL instance and make sure no dump files created. _________
Satya SKJ

]]>