MS SQL 2000 | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

MS SQL 2000

Hello everybody! I need some information for Microsofts SQL 2000! I need to know which processes have access to the entire database. As far as i know sqlmaint.exe does a task as described. but this binary is not responsible for storing the data into the .mdf, .ndf and .ldf files.
So which process stores the whole stuff in these files. Does someone have a clue ? Thanks in advance. Greeting
Run SP_WHO which provides information about current SQL users and processes. The information returned can be filtered to return only those processes that are not idle. Run SP_WHO2 which returns information about current SQL Server 2000 users and processes similar to sp_who, but it provides more detailed information. sp_who2 returns CPUTime, DiskIO, LastBatch and ProgramName in addition to the data provided by sp_who. SQL serve provides a variety of tools that can be used to monitor the performance of an instance of SQL Server and the user activity that occurs in databases. To monitor an application, an instance of SQL Server, or the operating system environment (hardware and software):
– Determine your monitoring goals.
– Choose the appropriate tool for the type of monitoring you will perform.
– Use the tool to monitor SQL Server or the system environment and analyze the captured data. Lastly refer to the tips section in this website for more details and books online as a first hand help. HTH Satya SKJ
http://www.SQL-Server-Performance.Com/forum
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no rights for the sake of knowledge sharing.
If you’re looking for which operating system process works with these files, it’s sqlservr.exe. Tom Pullen
DBA, Oxfam GB
]]>