MS SQL 6.5 in suspect state | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

MS SQL 6.5 in suspect state

Hi,
We have a database master that seems non aligned with my database. The database is in SUSPECT state. We urge restore the database and solve the problem, so we are looking for someone capable to do this. We can send the database. Is there someone able to do this?
If yes, please, write me.
tnx in advance
Gianfranco
Which database is in SUSPECT mode? The master database is the system database that keeps track of user accounts, remote user accounts, remote servers, environment variables, system error messages, system databases, database storage allocation, devices, and active locks. The setup program can be used to rebuild the master database. This rewrites the master database and resets the configuration values on its existing device. This process can also be used to change the server’s character set or sort order. From the members link above and refer to the Geographical Location for Italy, and we do have a peer from Italy Bambola – who is an experienced DBA and I’m sure she can help you. And kindly move your thread to General DBA Section by modifying the first thread and in future post in relevant forums only. Satya SKJ
http://www.SQL-Server-Performance.Com/forum
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no rights for the sake of knowledge sharing.
We have do not have a logical backup of database. We have a phisical copy of "all" files.
When we restore files, we see a logical DB called DITTA linked to “ditta.dat” and “logditta.dat”. But there is also a link to "c:MSSQLDATAmaster.dat" and we have no backup of this file.
So, do you think it’s possible to recover data in DITTA database? thanks.

Ok, so you have actual database files and not the backup file to recover the database. I’m sure I past the similar issue my end and I will get back to you more details in due course. Satya SKJ
http://www.SQL-Server-Performance.Com/forum
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no rights for the sake of knowledge sharing.
]]>