msdb.dbo.sp_sqlagent_get_perf_count | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

msdb.dbo.sp_sqlagent_get_perf_count

While using profiler I noticed that the command msdb.dbo.sp_sqlagent_get_perf_counters is consuming the maximum time.What is this all about?

In my experince, if you _counters is consuming the maximum time, then all your queries has good tunning, because never happen to me. Allways _counters use few milisecons comparing with sp or TSQ. Can you show one example please? Luis Martin
SQL-Server-Performance.com One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one’s work is terribly important
Bertrand Russell
All postings are provided “AS IS” with no warranties for accuracy.
To avoid this counter,
Open Enterprise Manager and expand the Management>SQL Server Agent folder and click on Alerts.You should see 9 alerts whose names all start with Demo. Select them all and Delete. If you don’t use alerts there is no point in sp_sqlagent_get_perf_counters running. If there are no Alerts defined it won’t run.
Satya SKJ
http://www.SQL-Server-Performance.Com/forum
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no rights for the sake of knowledge sharing.
Hi!
Are these demo alerts are created by defaults.Does any of these alerts is beneficial
Is up to you, you can use them or create you own alerts. Only show you how to create alerts.
But, still are using maximun duration?.
Luis Martin
SQL-Server-Performance.com One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one’s work is terribly important
Bertrand Russell
All postings are provided “AS IS” with no warranties for accuracy.
]]>