MSDE error | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

MSDE error

HI guys,
i am getting the following error on the Windows App log:
Could not allocate space for object ‘Events’ in database ‘ePO_MURODC01’ because the ‘PRIMARY’ filegroup is full i am running MSDE on a server with 720 MB RAM , with a free space of 1.78 GB of free space.
My DB size is 1.2 GB data + 1MB log
I have check the Datafile options and there is no limit in the Data and the log file. Set to increase by 10% AKTHAR DILMOHAMUD
65 BENARES ST
PORT LOUIS
MAURITIUS
Hi,
have you tried shrinking files ! Hemantgiri S. Goswami
[email protected]
"Humans don’t have Caliber to PASS TIME , Time it self Pass or Fail Humans" – by Hemantgiri Goswami

Yep ,
i tried to shrink files , error still persisting. AKTHAR DILMOHAMUD
65 BENARES ST
PORT LOUIS
MAURITIUS
Try to increase log size to 20mb than 1mb which is very small as compared. A theory behind this issue, as the system tables ALWAYS live on the PRIMARY file (which is also the DEFAULT PRIMARY filegroup by default). So if your PRIMARY file is full, SQL Server cannot add another entry to the SYSFILES system table, etc when you want to add another SECONDARY file to that database. Otherwise, Auto-Gowth does not guarantee that your files will not run out of space (disk drive space permitting as with certain operations, such as creation of your CLUSTERED INDEX, reindexing, etc, the way the operation is done internally (via the log, allocation of extents/pages, etc) means effectively that you need the space before the operation runs.
Satya SKJ
http://www.SQL-Server-Performance.Com/forum
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no rights for the sake of knowledge sharing.
]]>