Need drop index does not exist in system catalog | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

Need drop index does not exist in system catalog

I need to drop an index that SQL Server 2000 says does not exist in the system catalog. However, when I try to create the index I can’t becuase it all ready exists. If I query sysindexes table I can see the index. Can anyone help? Andy
Run DBCC Checkdb to find out if there is any problem.
Luis Martin
SQL-Server-Performance.com One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one’s work is terribly important
Bertrand Russell
All postings are provided “AS IS” with no warranties for accuracy.
I’ll run it. Andy
Check
SELECT *
FROM sysindexes WHERE status & 0x800000 = 0x800000 Satya SKJ
Contributing Editor & Forums Moderator
http://www.SQL-Server-Performance.Com
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no rights for the sake of knowledge sharing.
Satya,
I ran SELECT *FROM sysindexes WHERE status & 0x800000 = 0x800000. But what am I looking for after I run it? Andy
Luis,
I ran DBCC Checkdb and it returned this at the bottom. CHECKDB found 0 allocation errors and 0 consistency errors in database ‘COMPLIANCE_DB’. Is this the information you were looking for? Sorry, I’ve never run DBCC Checkdb before.
Andy
Yes Andy, the idea to run CHECKDB is to test if any error exist in database. In your case is OK. Luis Martin
SQL-Server-Performance.com One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one’s work is terribly important
Bertrand Russell
All postings are provided “AS IS” with no warranties for accuracy.
If you got any rows returned then check the objectid returned.
It also means the statistics are updated for that specified index reference.
Try to reindex that specific index and then drop it.
quote:Originally posted by andyrussell_10 Satya,
I ran SELECT *FROM sysindexes WHERE status & 0x800000 = 0x800000. But what am I looking for after I run it? Andy

Satya SKJ
Contributing Editor & Forums Moderator
http://www.SQL-Server-Performance.Com
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no rights for the sake of knowledge sharing.
]]>