network error | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

network error

Hai, we’ve got two networks. assume n1,n2. I’ve loaded SQL Server into my system when my system is configured to n1. Now, I’ve configured my system to n2. When I try to Open SQL Servers EM It is firing following error:
A connection could not be established – General Network error. I know that I’ll have to resinstall the sql server in this network. Is there any way to configure existing sql server to my present network. Rajendar ok
Can sql server be pinged from the client when youre on n2 ?
Have you tried reregistering the server now youre on a different network, maybe you need to register it by IP, instead of hostname?
Check your server and client network libs still share common protocols
Yup, I agree with chappy, successful ping to the server will eliminate any doubts regarding network problems. If the ping is fine, you can try connecting using servername or new IP of the machine. Gaurav
Man thrives, oddly enough, only in the presence of a challenging environment- L. Ron Hubbard

Rajendar, Please refrain from making duplicate posts. It makes difficult for the members to track the replies. I am deleting the other post – General DBA Questions and moving this post from – Performance Tuning for DBA’s. Gaurav
Man thrives, oddly enough, only in the presence of a challenging environment- L. Ron Hubbard

It seems duplicate postings are flooding now a days.
Make sure you’ve defined proper alias between 2 servers and default netlibs are similar in between them. _________
Satya SKJ
SQL-Server-Performance.Com

]]>