No Jobs will run | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

No Jobs will run

I changed a number of user permissions in sql recently and now NONE of my scheduled jobs will run. When I click execute I don’t get any error message but the job doens’t run. No job history either. I am creator/owner of the jobs and the DTS packages. Does anyone know why I’m unable to run the jobs anymore and what I can do to get them to run again? Thanks
E

Check the SQL Agent error log… right click on SQL Agent in Enterprise Manager Otherwise , are you able to start a trace using profiler and trace batch start, rpc start, error/warnings This might give you some clues… what permissions did you change, only user permission inside databases or windows NT permissions as well? Cheers
Twan
Mystery solved. The acct running SQL AGent has to be sysadmin acct. This login belongs to a group of adminstrators BUT, and here’s the catch, I hadn’t imported the group into
SQL. Once imported, everything works. Thank you.
quote:Originally posted by Twan
Check the SQL Agent error log… right click on SQL Agent in Enterprise Manager Otherwise , are you able to start a trace using profiler and trace batch start, rpc start, error/warnings This might give you some clues… what permissions did you change, only user permission inside databases or windows NT permissions as well? Cheers
Twan

]]>