ODBC – SQLSERVER – How to save Password | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

ODBC – SQLSERVER – How to save Password

I am trying to save a password so that my user doesn’t have to continually reenter the password. The query is run in Excel utilizing ODBC and SQL Server 2000 on the backend. The ODBC connection works fine so long as you reenter the password. In ODBC Administrator I have a user DSN set up SQL Server authentication. What do I need to do to save the password? Is there someplace in registry? Thanks for the help
When you originally link the table, there is a checkbox that you can select to save the password. If you do that, it shouldn’t prompt you for anything each time you open the database. Satya SKJ
Microsoft SQL Server MVP
Contributing Editor & Forums Moderator
http://www.SQL-Server-Performance.Com
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no rights for the sake of knowledge sharing.
I don’t have the option to save password either on the ODBC Admin side or Excel side. I’ve read where you can disable this option in registry – but haven’t found the path that works to enable it for windows XP.
I found it under pivotchart wizard under options you can save password. Not ODBC issue as I had originally thought.

]]>