Package fails | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

Package fails

Hi, I am trying to run simple import export package and if fails saying that pacage execution failed.
I get this error also The return value was unknown. The process exit code was -1073741795. The step failed. then i try using File system and the error say that it is not 32 bit driver and execution failed. thanks Thanks!!
Hi, You can give to me the details of SQL Version and you are importing & exporting the data between SQL Server or any other source. Please also show the table design structure that will easy for understand the problem.
Amit Kumar
Mob.: 9873812005
it is SQL 2005> i am just trying to run simple import/export process to see SSIs works fine. Table test1: col1 nchar(20); table test2 col1 nchar(20); data in test1 test1
test2
test3 and trying to run export from test1 to test2 and save it as SSIS and set up job with proxy which has access to run SSIS package: and when i run job it give error I get this error also The return value was unknown. The process exit code was -1073741795. The step failed. Thanks!!

You should set up logging to get more descriptive messages.
Satya SKJ
Microsoft SQL Server MVP
Writer, Contributing Editor & Moderator
http://www.SQL-Server-Performance.Com
This posting is provided AS IS with no rights for the sake of knowledge sharing. The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes of mind.
I tried that and got same message saying that return value was unknown. thanks
Thanks!!
Setup job with proxy, have you looked at the privileges for the account used here. I believe this is a problem with privileges on the database object to import or even the share where the import file is accessed. Satya SKJ
Microsoft SQL Server MVP
This posting is provided AS IS with no rights for the sake of knowledge sharing. Knowledge is of two kinds. We know a subject ourselves or we know where we can find information on it.
I am using proxy and the Creditial i am using the use does have pemission on all the database. i also tired using giving SA rights to the credantial user. Thanks Thanks!!
Can you execute with your login and without the existence of proxy can you check & schedule with SQLAgent service account? Satya SKJ
Microsoft SQL Server MVP
This posting is provided AS IS with no rights for the sake of knowledge sharing. Knowledge is of two kinds. We know a subject ourselves or we know where we can find information on it.
I get this error and the job fails. If I restart the job, the job runs successfully. I get this error often but not consistent. Any ideas.

Welcome to the forum!
Enable the package logging on that DTS package, check the SQLAgent error log and when you sense it might return just turn on Server side tracing.

]]>