Package invoked from Stored Proc | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

Package invoked from Stored Proc

Hi,
I have a package which executes the latest version upon right clicking within MSDB. If I were to call this from a Stored Procedure, an older version is executed. I have deleted this package from MSDB, deleted the files from binDeployment folder , rebuild..still doesn’t work.
Appreciate any help on this.

Package fails at ForEach File loop with the following:
Description: The For Each File enumerator is empty
And still works with no issue if right clicked on the package and selected Run package.
Thanks

check the security of the directory used for file enumeration. Be sure that user has permission on that directory.
I have checked security and is good.
This package enumerates thru files , imports the data into a staging table and runs a Stored proc against this data. I’m using xp_cmdshell and have successfully configured a proxy account for non sysadmin user to run it.
My test package runs without any issues which references the same folder as production to enumerate files from.
Thanks

in foreach loop editor , select collection -> select fully qualified in the "reterive file name" Run the shell command from dos , for testing. test with shared name for the directory.
Can you post you shell command ?

]]>

Software Reviews | Book Reviews | FAQs | Tips | Articles | Performance Tuning | Audit | BI | Clustering | Developer | Reporting | DBA | ASP.NET Ado | Views tips | | Developer FAQs | Replication Tips | OS Tips | Misc Tips | Index Tuning Tips | Hints Tips | High Availability Tips | Hardware Tips | ETL Tips | Components Tips | Configuration Tips | App Dev Tips | OLAP Tips | Admin Tips | Software Reviews | Error | Clustering FAQs | Performance Tuning FAQs | DBA FAQs |