Page Splits/sec <20 per 100 Batch Requests/Sec | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

Page Splits/sec <20 per 100 Batch Requests/Sec

Hi
could some one check if my understanding is correct?
e.g if page split per sec is 140 and batch request per sec is 1000 then [140/(1000/100) = 14 ] then the page split per sec value is good? ref: http://www.grumpyolddba.co.uk/monitoring/Performance Counter Guidance – SQL Server.htm
I am sure you are going to get "It depends" type of answer.
Batch requests says the number of requests which includes selects and amendments They are not limited to a table.
Page splits are serious and going to hurt you if it happens in a table where large number of scan operations happen. So you need to dig more to see the table where splits occur. So I will be more than scared to give a number.
The most important question is are you seeing any performance issues already? If so any number greater than 0 is not a good number.
Yes, as Preethi said IT DEPENDs type of answer as it purely coincides with hardware and TEMPDB setting on your server.
]]>

Software Reviews | Book Reviews | FAQs | Tips | Articles | Performance Tuning | Audit | BI | Clustering | Developer | Reporting | DBA | ASP.NET Ado | Views tips | | Developer FAQs | Replication Tips | OS Tips | Misc Tips | Index Tuning Tips | Hints Tips | High Availability Tips | Hardware Tips | ETL Tips | Components Tips | Configuration Tips | App Dev Tips | OLAP Tips | Admin Tips | Software Reviews | Error | Clustering FAQs | Performance Tuning FAQs | DBA FAQs |