Pbm populating full text catalog | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

Pbm populating full text catalog

Hi ! I’m trying to build a full-text indexing catalog so that i can use the full-text search Service. The thing is that the catalog is created and populated but it returns an item count equal to 0. For SQL Manager everything is ok, there is no error msg. Can someone help me ? Thanks
Moved from Performance Tuning for developers. Gaurav
Man thrives, oddly enough, only in the presence of a challenging environment- L. Ron Hubbard

The views expressed here are those of the author and no one else. There are no warranties as to the reliability or accuracy of anything presented here.
Ensure MSSearch service is started. Could you confirm the following on your SQL Server:-
Check that the account that SQL Server is running has the following privileges:
Log On Locally
Log On as a Batch Act as part of operating system
Access this computer from the Network
Log on as service
Replace a process level token
Act as part of the operating system Increase quotas Additionally, check the BUILTINAdministrators login exists and if not create one, and set Master as the default DB and give it system administrator rights. Also, check that the SQL Server (MSSQLServer) startup account (DOMAINaccount)is a member of the local machine’s Administrator Group. Then change the MSSQLServer account via the Enterprise
Manger. Satya SKJ
http://www.SQL-Server-Performance.Com/forum
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no rights for the sake of knowledge sharing.
Thanks for your help,
I check the MSSearch : it’s running, and I’m log on SQL server as ‘sa’ thus I shouldn’t have privileges problem. I wonder one thing : does it matter if my windows account does not have rights to access the remote computer running sql server where the dictionnaries are stored ?
Yes it does matter where the FULLTEXT service is not able to get information due to lack of privileges. Satya SKJ
http://www.SQL-Server-Performance.Com/forum
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no rights for the sake of knowledge sharing.
Thanks a lot again ! Now, i just have to wait for the return of the real admin to get the privileges.
]]>