Peer-Peer Replication | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

Peer-Peer Replication

Has anyone set up Peer-Peer replication so far?
I was able to set it up but when I update a record at one node, the changes are not being replciated to the other node. The 2000 version was so simple. The new 2005 GUI seems confusing. I look at the Replication Monitor and under subscriptions, the status says "Not running". I tried to "Start Synchronizing" but the agents kept running for more than an hour an dI had to stop the sync. Any one has any ideas on how to move forward? Thanks, dinakar ***********************
Dinakar Nethi
SQL Server MVP
Yes I have done peer-to-peer replication successfully. I just followed the microsoft articles on this —————————————-
new article here
http://www.sql-server-performance.com/da_peer-to-peer_replication.asp —————————————-
Actually I was able to set it up using the BOL. I had issues with setting up the user account so the nodes can talk to each other and got that resolved with our Network Admin. I need to test a few scenarios like schema changes, IDENTITY column management etc. So far it looks good. Definetely better than the SQL Replication in 2000. Need to get used to the Replication Monitor though. The 2000 Repl monitor was pretty straight forward. ***********************
Dinakar Nethi
SQL Server MVP
]]>