Performance Objects in Sql Performance monitor | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

Performance Objects in Sql Performance monitor

if i try to add counters in the performance monitor, its popu;ates numbers instead of description in the performance objects. please do help me in solving this problem.
i have never heard of this.
does performance monitor behave the same way on another computer?
i generally insist SQL Server be installed on a clean system, that is, the OS installed on a hard drive that is wiped clean, patched, but never upgraded by a major version,
no unnecessary applications, especially third party monitoring tools (essentially viruses that you pay money for)
Check: http://www.sql-server-performance.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6506 Luis Martin
SQL-Server-Performance.com Although nature commences with reason and ends in experience it is necessary for us to do the opposite, that is to commence with experience and from this to proceed to investigate the reason.
Leonardo Da Vinci Nunca esperes el reconocimiento de tus hijos, eso ocurrirá luego de tu muerte
All postings are provided “AS IS” with no warranties for accuracy.
Are you using 2005? Luis Martin
SQL-Server-Performance.com Although nature commences with reason and ends in experience it is necessary for us to do the opposite, that is to commence with experience and from this to proceed to investigate the reason.
Leonardo Da Vinci Nunca esperes el reconocimiento de tus hijos, eso ocurrirá luego de tu muerte
All postings are provided “AS IS” with no warranties for accuracy.
yes i am using sql server 2005

]]>