Performance Problem with SQL2K on Win2003 | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

Performance Problem with SQL2K on Win2003

Hello, We have some problems with the performance on our live server – SQL2K after we installed Win2003. The processes are getting slower, and the "Sleeping" processes are getting increased. Do anyone have such an issue like this? If you have any idea, please provide the same. Thanks and Regards
Singaravelan
In future kindly post the thread in relevant forums. (move this thread to General DBA section by editing your first post) Run SP_WHO2 from query analyzer and check for any blocking.
For slow running queries take help of PROFILER and submit trace to index tuning wizard for index recommendations.
Collect PERFMON stats for memory, cpu, physical disk and SQL memory for further assessment. Satya SKJ
http://www.SQL-Server-Performance.Com/forum
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no rights for the sake of knowledge sharing.
Hello Mr.Sathya Thanks for the feedback. Can you please let me know how to do shift the thread. Should i delete and recreate? Will it be possible for you to shift the thread only this time. Thanks a lot. Regarding the feedback, I am running the sp_who2 continuously and could see no blocks in the system. I am doing a lot of changes with the indexes, but the "sleeping" times will not come in the profiler. The main problem seems to be writing the cache in the server. I shall also check the PERFMON stats. The observation is that the performance is going down only after the migration of the WinNt system to Win2K. Regards
Singaravelan T
As I referred on the other thread on the operating system part its better to install fresh Win2K3 and upgrade SQL from WinNT machine. PERFMON stats will give more assessment on the probelm.
(to shift the thread click on first thread with ‘Pen on notepad’ icon – edit thread and then move it to relevant Performance tuning for DBAs forum) Satya SKJ
http://www.SQL-Server-Performance.Com/forum
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no rights for the sake of knowledge sharing.
]]>