physical seperation | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

physical seperation

Hello, I am new here and I have a very serious problem. I would be very glad if you could help me. I have an applicationserver and a database which are local not seperated (in one system). The time to receive data from the database via a servlet is 3 seconds. Now we need to seperate the database from the applicationserver. We connected the database via TCP/IP and a 1 gigabit connection to the applicationserver. The problem is, that it is 5 times slower. We use OLE DB which I think is the fastest method, but I cant see any possebility to make the connection faster. Do I have to do something with the OLE DB? I dont know any further. Please can you help me? (moved from Analysis forum)_
Check the version of OLE DB driver installed.
Ensure the latest MDAC is installed in order to sustain the better performance.
ON the query side don’t force SQL Server to recompile and construct a query plan for your query each time. Satya SKJ
http://www.SQL-Server-Performance.Com/forum
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no rights for the sake of knowledge sharing.
Thank you very much!!! We solved the problem as we found invalid tables on the DB. Never thought, that invalid tables slow down the performance so much. But thanx for your quick reply!
]]>