Possible issues with SP2 and sp_send_dbmail? | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

Possible issues with SP2 and sp_send_dbmail?

Have a funny one that I’ve not yet resolved, and was wondering if I am the only one. SQL2005 SP1 server, Ent Ed, 64 bit, clustered machine.
SP2a installed over Easter weekend. about 12 days after apparently succesful upgrade, the cluster was failed over. After that fail-over, an existing job started failing, with the following message:
quote:Error executing extended stored procedure: Invalid Parameter [SQLSTATE 42000] (Error 22050). The step failed.

All the job does is build a SQL query, then supply the query to sp_send_dbmail for execution:
DECLARE
@RetCodebit,
@Tovarchar(200),
@Subjectvarchar(100),
@CCvarchar(200),
@Queryvarchar(max),
@Debugsmallint –cut section that has the query , but these are straight SQL
–queries – no SP or XP usage whatsoever [email protected] = msdb.dbo.sp_send_dbmail
@profile_name= ‘Email’,
@recipients= @To,
@subject= @Subject,
@copy_recipients= @CC,
@query_result_header=0,
@[email protected] One ‘funny’ I noticed is that up until the failover, SSMS seemed to erport the version of the server as still the SP1 (2157). After failover, it now lists (3042). This may simply be a symptom of SSMS not auto-refreshing though. We have (I believe) failed back again since then, still no joy. Any Ideas? Panic, Chaos, Disorder … my work here is done –unknown
Have applied service for SQL tools as well? Satya SKJ
Microsoft SQL Server MVP
Writer, Contributing Editor & Moderator
http://www.SQL-Server-Performance.Com
This posting is provided AS IS with no rights for the sake of knowledge sharing. The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes of mind.
I’ll need to check – didn’t do the install (was done by clients Senior DBA). I imagine it would have been done, though – the environment is set up that all work on live servers is done via a server that DBA’s remote through to, and I am fairly certain that service packing that server was also on their plan Panic, Chaos, Disorder … my work here is done –unknown
the intermediate box was SP 2’d. However, it would appear that there were deployment issues with Sp2 to 2 of the clusters, and one of those is the one where I’ve had the issue. The plan is to fix those this weekend, since apparently the fact that 1 node is SP2, and the other seems to be SP1 doesn’t seem to cause issues atm. Hopefully the issue is resovled when both nodes are properly on SP2a. Panic, Chaos, Disorder … my work here is done –unknown
I have looked it again, it is x64 bit so I would guess there will be few problems with DB_Mail. You might visit MS Connect site for such fix or feedback. Satya SKJ
Microsoft SQL Server MVP
Writer, Contributing Editor & Moderator
http://www.SQL-Server-Performance.Com
This posting is provided AS IS with no rights for the sake of knowledge sharing. The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes of mind.
]]>