Printing from Enterprise Manager. | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

Printing from Enterprise Manager.

Does anyone know of a third party tool that will allow someone to print directly from Enterprise Manager, rather than selecting properties, cut and paste, then go into notepad and print..??
Thanks,
David
-David Roesch
San Diego, Ca
Not as I know, the other way round is take PrintScreen image. Satya SKJ
http://www.SQL-Server-Performance.Com/forum
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no rights for the sake of knowledge sharing.
Instead of Enterprize manager you can user Query analyser and run your query from there
But prior to running it :
1.go to Query
2.Results to file and then execute you query
Once you click run it will prompt you for the place where to save the file. For settings (it that what you need) you can use
sp_configure to list global configuration settings
If no parameters will only display properties not change it or xp_msver for version information
Or output it to *.csv and print it from Excel, which is a bit more of a printer-friendly programme. I am still not sure if you’re trying to print data or some graphical stuff from EM? Tom Pullen
DBA, Oxfam GB
Thx all. Im lookin to print out the text from SP’s, or views, or any object that has text data behind it easier. Either by right clicking, or selecting print.. I am not looking for the image, I am looking for the text. -David
-David Roesch
San Diego, Ca
Well, then it is much better to use query analyser. You have same tree like structure there from where you can open sql code in a new window then you can use file/print option from the pull-down menu.
]]>