Problem regarding maintenance plan | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

Problem regarding maintenance plan

Hi I have created some maintenance plans in SQL server 2005 a couple of days back and now when I try to modify them my right-clicking and go to modify n then edit a particular part of the plan, I am not able to do htat, why is it so, none of the options are highlighted, i.e none of them are in focus to allow me to modify, anybody knows why is this happening? Thanks
Satya
Do you have enough rights? Mohammed U.
Ya Mohammed I am sure abt it, but I dont understand whats wrong that doesnt allow me to do so
I met this problem beforevers, My server is a very busy one, when I tried to modify the MP, everything is gray up. But later, when I tried to reopen it, it works. ——————
Bug explorer/finder/seeker/locator
——————
Oh really!!! The production servers are always busy right? I dont think being busy is the reson, or it could be as you said, but is there no sulution for this? are we supposed to just keep trying on and on?
How many maintenance plans you have to modify? Satya SKJ
Microsoft SQL Server MVP
Contributing Editor & Forums Moderator
http://www.SQL-Server-Performance.Com
This posting is provided AS IS with no rights for the sake of knowledge sharing.
In my case, it is a cluster environment, two logical instances were active at that time on the same windows server. I just try to change the backup location of one MP, several times, everything was gray up. ——————
Bug explorer/finder/seeker/locator
——————
I had to change 2 or 3 plans, throwing out the old ones and creating new ones works, but thr has to be solution, in long run I may face a situation where I have to modify large number of them, so was just wondering what could be the reason. Thanks
Satya
As a test you might try on other machine to see whether it happens, if so raise a call to PSS or post the bug in Microsoft connect (refer to news item in this site about this information). Satya SKJ
Microsoft SQL Server MVP
Contributing Editor & Forums Moderator
http://www.SQL-Server-Performance.Com
This posting is provided AS IS with no rights for the sake of knowledge sharing.

There is one more DBA working with me and he too has the same problem on his machine I will try doing what you suggested Thanks
Satya
What is the SQL build?
Mohammed U.
]]>