problems – MS DTC client on WIN NT | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

problems – MS DTC client on WIN NT

Hi All, I am trying to install MSDTC client components on WIN NT server that is used as a client to SQL Server on Win 2k and runs DTS with distribution transaction enabled. in this WIN NT machine, only SQL Server tools are installed. When I try to specify the netwrok computer (in MS DTC in control panel) I get the error message:
"The network computer you have selecetd does not have a transaction coordinator installed. Plesae try a differnt computer. " Firstly, which computer should I select. Should this be any SQL Server?
Secondly, the computer that I choose does have MSDTC service running on it. Any help ?? Thnaks. Aviel Iluz
Database Administrator
Pacific Micromarketing
Melbourne Australia
www.pacmicro.com.au

One of the MS documentation refers:
If you wish to perform MS DTC distributed transactions between systems running Windows 2000 and Windows NT 4.0, you must install MS DTC version 1998.08.762.0 or later on your Windows NT 4.0 systems. This is essential because MS DTC on Windows 2000 uses a new message protocol when communicating between one MS DTC system and another. MS DTC version 1998.08.762.0 is the version of MS DTC that shipped with Windows NT 4.0 Service Pack 4. It has been enhanced to support the new message protocol. Satya SKJ
http://www.SQL-Server-Performance.Com/forum
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no rights for the sake of knowledge sharing.
Thanks for that, Satya Aviel Iluz
Database Administrator
Pacific Micromarketing
Melbourne Australia
www.pacmicro.com.au

]]>