Problems with 2005 dist with 2000 publishers | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

Problems with 2005 dist with 2000 publishers

I have all 2000 pubs and have been trying to set up some 2005 dists. I am having a lot of problems with the snapshot agents locking the tables. In the 2005 pub properties I could set a concurrency flag to not lock the tables, but cant find that in the 2005 pub properties. The only way I can find to set the sync_type to concurrent is to create the pubs in T-SQL. Any insight from anyone who’s gathered more experience than me in this is appreciated.
Were there any schema changes to the tables that are involved in replication? Satya SKJ
Contributing Editor & Forums Moderator
http://www.SQL-Server-Performance.Com
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no rights for the sake of knowledge sharing.
Originally posted by satya
Were there any schema changes to the tables that are involved in replication?
No. I had a single dist running 2000 and we had outgrown it. It had other duties and was doubling as a dist as well. We bought 2 new 2005 servers to use as dedicated dists. I dropped 1/2 of the replication jobs from the old dist and recreated them with one of the new 2005 dists as their dist. None of the articles changed. Seems like a hybris system like this is problematic even though MS says you can do it. I have to do some operations from the 2005 Management Studio and some from the 2000 pub boxes.
]]>