Proxy account has to be selected to proceed furthe | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

Proxy account has to be selected to proceed furthe

Hello, I am trying to move a database on 2005 by Loading the wizard: Start SQL Server 2005 Management Studio. Then right click on the database. On the pop-up screen, select the "Tasks" and "Copy Database" options. This will load the Copy Database Wizard. I am able to provide all the info to move the database from.. At the last page, it gives the following error: Proxy account has to be selected to proceed further. I do not know, what proxy account sql server 2005 is talking about? could somebody please help me, what account is this and how could i come over this? Thanks,
California
Refer :http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms188664.aspx If you are not a system administrator, you must specify a SQL Server Agent Proxy account that has
access to the Integration Services (SSIS) Package execution subsystem. Madhu
Thank you Madhu. I will look into this.
Are you a SYSADMIN on that SQL Server? Satya SKJ
Microsoft SQL Server MVP
Writer, Contributing Editor & Moderator
http://www.SQL-Server-Performance.Com
This posting is provided AS IS with no rights for the sake of knowledge sharing. The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes of mind.
I am using SA login to perform the database move operation. I assume SA should have sysadmin privileges on the SQL Server. Dont you think so?
Satya and Madhu, Quick question: I have over-come the SSIS proxy account issue. But now when i schedule the job to execute, its failing. The error what i see is as follows: Date2/13/2007 11:52:58 AM
LogJob History (CDW_AYKHAN04_SQL2000_AYKHAN04_SQL2005_3) Step ID1
ServercaliforniaSQL2005
Job NameCDW_california_SQL2000_california_SQL2005_3
Step NameCDW_california_SQL2000_california_SQL2005_3_Step
Duration00:02:06
Sql Severity0
Sql Message ID0
Operator Emailed
Operator Net sent
Operator Paged
Retries Attempted0 Message
Executed as user: california ony. The package execution failed. The step failed. Any reason why the job is failing? Also the above error info isnt very clear to state as to why its failing. Is there any other area, where i can look into this error in detail? appreciate all your help.

is this job execute SSIS packages… in that case check Protection Level of packages Refer :http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms141747.aspx Madhu
Thanks for the answer Madhu. Here’s what the NT Application error log say’s about the failure: Event Name: OnWarning
Message: The Execution method succeeded, but the number of errors raised (1) reached the maximum allowed (1); resulting in failure. This occurs when the number of errors reaches the number specified in MaximumErrorCount. Change the MaximumErrorCount or fix the errors.
Dont know, what the above is refering to. Would appreciate if you please suggest. Thanks again for all of your post’s.
California
what i asked is… what this job supposed to do… is it executing some sp /backup job/ssis …. Madhu
I am sorry. I have missed your question. But to answer, This job is doing the "Copy database" from SQL Server 2000 to 2005. Thanks,

Definetly, but here in this case you must need to ensure the privileges for the SQL Server service account on both SQL 2000 & 2005 servers. Check additional information from Madhu’s link.
quote:Originally posted by california6 I am using SA login to perform the database move operation. I assume SA should have sysadmin privileges on the SQL Server. Dont you think so?

Satya SKJ
Microsoft SQL Server MVP
Writer, Contributing Editor & Moderator
http://www.SQL-Server-Performance.Com
This posting is provided AS IS with no rights for the sake of knowledge sharing. The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes of mind.
Thanks for everybody who contributed your answers to this thread. Finally i was able to make this run. how? well i changed the SQL Server 2000 and SQL Server 2005 accounts and then the package was able to execute. I would like to thank Satya and Madhu for there contributions. Thanks again,
]]>