Publication creation error. | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

Publication creation error.

Hi guys
i am getting the following error when i create publication even though i dropped and created it again i see same error from sqlserver errorlog ,what might be the root cause.
The log scan number (146:321:5) passed to log scan in database ‘testdb’ is not valid. This error may indicate data corruption or that the log file (.ldf) does not match the data file (.mdf). If this error occurred during replication, re-create the publication. Otherwise, restore from backup if the problem results in a failure during startup.
SRJ2005
It is nothing but basically the log reader writes the last LSN read from the log into the distribution database. When you get this error it means that the LSN read does not agree with what is in the distribution database. Dropping the subscription and recreating it normally clears this error. Also check the consistency of the databases in this case. Satya SKJ
Microsoft SQL Server MVP
Writer, Contributing Editor & Moderator
http://www.SQL-Server-Performance.Com
This posting is provided AS IS with no rights for the sake of knowledge sharing. The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes of mind.
]]>