Read a .blg PerfMon file | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

Read a .blg PerfMon file

I ran PerfMon on my production server for 36 hours and it created a .blg file. I copied the file into my Win2000 pro local computer. Using PerfMon -> Console -> Open, I opened the .blg file and System Monitor shows the graph and total report. I need to see data for a specific time, i.e. 9am – 5pm on Friday but I can’t see any thing. I thought I can open the .blg file under Counter Logs but I can’t. How can I read the .blg to get a detailed information? Thanks, CanadaDBA
I think the only way to find what you want is to store log in csv and import to excel.
Luis Martin
SQL-Server-Performance.com One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one’s work is terribly important
Bertrand Russell
All postings are provided “AS IS” with no warranties for accuracy.
Try doing this: 1. Open perfmon.
2. Right click on this.
3. Go on Source tab.
4. Choose log file radio button and browse to the log file destination directory.
5. Once you do that, you can choose the time slice for which you want to see the data. Let me know if you can achieve what you wanted. Thanks
-Rajeev Lahoty
Thank you Rajeev for the step by step hints. On System Monitor I clicked on ‘Hand on note’ icon which is properties and obtained the source log file where the status are gathered. On the Source tab itself I found TimeRange command button and get the information. Thanks,
quote:Originally posted by rlahoty Try doing this:

-Rajeev Lahoty

CanadaDBA
]]>