Records missing | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

Records missing

On 14 our application has made a lot of entries into the SQL database that is configured. Interestingly some of the records between 3:30 to 4:00 PM are missing from the database! Apart from this there are around another 2000 records missing from the database at random intervals! We have confirm the entries as successful as the program send an email to the admin once the data has been added. I am wondering how this happned.
Moreover I checked event logs and error logs ,but cant get any thing.No error occured.
Is there any way to get the "wrong thing"
I believe you need to start PROFILER to see the underline events.
BTW how are you managing the records insertion? Satya SKJ
http://www.SQL-Server-Performance.Com/forum
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no rights for the sake of knowledge sharing.
I am wondering how can I use profiler to capture something happned earlier. These records were inserted by a web application and the mail was sent successfully
Yes you cannot use PROFILER to see what happened and I mean to say for future events you can take help of it.
SO may check whether any issues on network between web and database server and may ask network admin to start network trace for such information. Satya SKJ
http://www.SQL-Server-Performance.Com/forum
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no rights for the sake of knowledge sharing.
This can be check using too many application for Network Profile … you can use Etheral Packet capture … GFI Monitor…. and using Performance Monitor of Windows Administrative tools you can set tracer on the Network Interface Card….. HTH
Regards. hsGoswami
[email protected]
"Humans don’t have Caliber to PASS TIME , Time it self Pass or Fail Humans" – by Hemant Goswami

quote:We have confirm the entries as successful as the program send an email to the admin once the data has been added.
I’d start looking at the program, before assuming there’s anything wrong in the back-end. How does the program ascertain that the data has been added? Is there any error handling in that routine?
]]>