Records suddenly disappear after Error: 7105, | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

Records suddenly disappear after Error: 7105,

Hi, We have a huge problem. Almost once every day we get the following error: Page (3:104101), slot 11 for text, ntext, or image node does not exist.. When this error has occured one record from the database is completely gone! We have to place back a backup to get the record back in. We are running on SQL Server 2000 SP 3. One single server (no linked servers). Please help because we can not rely on our DBMS anymore. Marnix
I find the following using google: I know that nolock can read data being actively modified, meaning that you can get
"false" corruption messages. My guess that this is such a case. You could try verify
by execution the same query at silent time (if such exists) and see if it comes out
clean. Unfortunately, there’s no way of asking for a "safe" nolock. You’d just have
to be prepared for the false corruption message and possibly retry the SELECT (which,
of course, can be inconvenient at some times). If you feel that you need an improvement regarding this, you could always ask for
this in some upcoming release using [email protected]
HTH Luis Martin
SQL-Server-Performance.com One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one’s work is terribly important
Bertrand Russell
All postings are provided “AS IS” with no warranties for accuracy.
Luis If this was the case, we would no be missing any records but we do! Unfortunately we don’t know which (select) statement is causing this so we can not try it on another time.
In my opinion it should never be possible for a DBMS that after an update or select the DBMS is removing a record by itself! It should always execute a rollback when the transaction fails.
Did you run DBCC CHECKDB to find any integrity problem? Luis Martin
SQL-Server-Performance.com One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one’s work is terribly important
Bertrand Russell
All postings are provided “AS IS” with no warranties for accuracy.
No not yet but that is good idea. I will run it on a quiet moment.
Thanks for the suggestion
Check for any issues on the disk drive and contributing this type of errors.
May try to reappl the latest service pack SP3a again. Satya SKJ
http://www.SQL-Server-Performance.Com/forum
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no rights for the sake of knowledge sharing.
]]>