Recovery data with log file | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

Recovery data with log file

hi, i’m albertus, i am new in SQL Server, i lost my data , i want to get it back but i don’t have any backup data. please give the way to solve this problem, i want to know how can i recovery my data with log file. Thank’s!!!
You can use third party tool like log Explorer to recover data from log file.
AKTHAR
quote:Originally posted by albertus hi, i’m albertus, i am new in SQL Server, i lost my data , i want to get it back but i don’t have any backup data. please give the way to solve this problem, i want to know how can i recovery my data with log file. Thank’s!!!
TQ akthad, but can u give me the example of third party tool and how to use it.
Thank’s!!!
What recovery model are you using with this database? AKTHAR
you can buy tool like LOG EXPLORER www.lumigent.com AKTHAR
Third party tools are helpful only when your db is configured FULL recovery model and have the tlog backup file or tlog is not truncated….
Otherwise… sorry third party tools also will not be useful… MohammedU.
SQL-Server-Performance.com All postings are provided “AS IS” with no warranties for accuracy.

yes you need to be in full recovery model to be able to recover data. AKTHAR
Plus your log should not truncated OR
you have to have tlog backup. MohammedU.
SQL-Server-Performance.com All postings are provided “AS IS” with no warranties for accuracy.

quote:Originally posted by Akthar What recovery model are you using with this database? AKTHAR
I use a simple recovery mode, any idea?

You are out of luck unless you have the valid old backup…
MohammedU.

How can i make a log backup?
What ever it is happend…you can’t get it back but you can prevent for future by changing the db recovery model to full and running the full backups daily/weekly and tlog backups every 30/60 minutes..
MohammedU.

so i can’t get my data back, fiuhhhhh…… but when i open my log file with notepad i can see my data but it’s not perfect!!!
Where did the data come from, or was it entered manually? I would consider starting from scratch, but now with a maintenance plan including backups.
you were running simple recovery mode. You womt be able toget back all the datas. The log file will contain only a minor part of the data. AKTHAR
Using SIMPLE recovery model you will not be able to backup the log and you must have FULL recovery model to perform so. Books online has more content about understanding the recovery models, maintenance plans etc. Get an updated BOL and read through. Satya SKJ
Microsoft SQL Server MVP
Writer, Contributing Editor & Moderator
http://www.SQL-Server-Performance.Com
This posting is provided AS IS with no rights for the sake of knowledge sharing. Knowledge is of two kinds. We know a subject ourselves or we know where we can find information on it.
]]>