refresh cube | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

refresh cube

Hi, I have an other question for you. Is possible refresh an olap cube by vb.net, by code?
Thank’s a lot
Hi,
Can you provide more detail on what do you mean by refresh over here.
1>Do you want to refresh the data source view i.e. structure
2>Refresh data in your cube, i.e. Process data
3>Refresh the list of partitions and other components info which you actually get when you select refresh by right clicking on cube in management studio.
In my project I insert new item in the tables that forms the dimension in my cube, and therefore I want ri-elaborate the dimension and ri-elaborate my cube to visualize also new item insert.
I hope that I explain right my problem in english.
Thanks for your immediately response

Using the proactive caching will handle that refresh of cube in this case, but IMHO it is better to schedule during offline hours or less traffic hours.
I believe you need to answer Ranjit’s list in this case Satya SKJ
Microsoft SQL Server MVP
Writer, Contributing Editor & Moderator
http://www.SQL-Server-Performance.Com
This posting is provided AS IS with no rights for the sake of knowledge sharing. The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes of mind.
quote:Originally posted by elepag In my project I insert new item in the tables that forms the dimension in my cube, and therefore I want ri-elaborate the dimension and ri-elaborate my cube to visualize also new item insert.
I hope that I explain right my problem in english.
Thanks for your immediately response

Hi,
You can create a SSIS package which will process just the dimesnion which you have updated and corresponding measure groups.
Dimension you can process with ProcessUpdate type or ProcessAdd option.
But measure groups you need to process in full which will create all the aggregations for newly inserted dimension members.
Once this is done, then your new members will be visible in cube.
]]>