Reporting Service Property Pages | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

Reporting Service Property Pages

I am wondering how I would do this. I have sql2005 standard. I build my reports in VS and would like to figure out a way to work the Reporting Service Property Pages to allow me to change from prod to dev servers and data sources with a switch in the configuration combo so I can deploy one report to dev then switch it back. I guess I am looking to have different DataSource for different build options. Can this be done? Would it mean that I would need different DS folders on my report server then save each configuration option to tie to each? will each dev/test environment need its own RS DB’s? (it seems so). Thanks for any help!
Michael
MCDBA "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge,
but fools despise wisdom and instruction." Proverbs 1:7
Yes it is possible as you said you need to create seperate folders for the sake of data. Tip:
When working with production data sources that can present a problem as some settings have to be made in Report Manager after the initial deployment. Go back to the Report Project Property Pages and reset OverWriteDataSources to False.
Satya SKJ
Microsoft SQL Server MVP
Writer, Contributing Editor & Moderator
http://www.SQL-Server-Performance.Com
This posting is provided AS IS with no rights for the sake of knowledge sharing. The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes of mind.
How about setting the connection string at run time of a report. Can it be passed programatically? Michael
MCDBA "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge,
but fools despise wisdom and instruction." Proverbs 1:7
]]>