RS Database Maintence | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

RS Database Maintence

Howdy,
I tried to run an index rebuild on a SQL 2005 Report Server database but it failed. Not being an expert in 2005 Reporting Services, can anyone tell me why this might be the case. The database is set to Simple recovery mode, but this shouldnt cause an issue. I notice that under Databases in the database engine, there are databases called
ReportServer$xxxx and ReportServer$xxxxxTempDB – do these function as normal databases or are they a special construction such that they look normal but need to be handled differently. How do I perform normal maintenance on them or dont I need to? Any thoughts welcome. Cheers

IT is one of the system database for Reporting Services, hence the recovery model shouldn’t be changed. As long as you manage backup it will be ok, being a system database not required to perform frequent maintenance. Satya SKJ
Microsoft SQL Server MVP
Writer, Contributing Editor & Moderator
http://www.SQL-Server-Performance.Com
This posting is provided AS IS with no rights for the sake of knowledge sharing. Knowledge is of two kinds. We know a subject ourselves or we know where we can find information on it.
]]>