Schema changes on princicpal | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

Schema changes on princicpal

I’ve got an instance of high-performance mirroring setup, but I need to make some schema changes to the principal database.
I can’t find any documentation on the procedure here…will schema changes made on the principal get sent to the mirror? Or will I need to recreate the mirror by making a new backup? Any thoughts are appreciated.
thanks
Schema changes are logged operations and such operations will automatically applied to mirror database too.
Satya SKJ
Microsoft SQL Server MVP
Writer, Contributing Editor & Moderator
http://www.SQL-Server-Performance.Com
This posting is provided AS IS with no rights for the sake of knowledge sharing. Knowledge is of two kinds. We know a subject ourselves or we know where we can find information on it.
quote:Originally posted by LeClair I’ve got an instance of high-performance mirroring setup, but I need to make some schema changes to the principal database.
I can’t find any documentation on the procedure here…will schema changes made on the principal get sent to the mirror? Or will I need to recreate the mirror by making a new backup? Any thoughts are appreciated.
thanks
As Satya mentioned, you don’t need to take any special considerations for schema changes when you are mirroring the db…
May be you are thinking of replication but in 2005 schema changes can be replicated… MohammedU.
SQL-Server-Performance.com All postings are provided “AS IS” with no warranties for accuracy.

]]>