SCSI issue in SQL Server | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

SCSI issue in SQL Server

Win 2000 Sp4 SQL cluster. One of the nodes crashed with an error : SCSI bus fault occurred on Storage Box 0, Port 1 of Array Controller in slot 4, which may result in a "downshift" in transfer rate for one or more hard drives on the bus.
Data:
0000: 00 00 00 00 04 00 52 00 ……R.
0008: 00 00 00 00 6b 60 35 84 ….k`5?
0010: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ……..
0018: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ……..
0020: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 …….. Could this be a seating issue (one of the PCI cards not seated proper ) Has anyone encountered this error
Thanks
Thanks,
Anand.K
[email protected]cbank.com "What would you attempt to do if you knew that you could never fail"
-Robert Schuller

Indeed is a hardware problem. I suggest to contact vendor.
Luis Martin
SQL-Server-Performance.com One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one’s work is terribly important
Bertrand Russell
All postings are provided “AS IS” with no warranties for accuracy.
I seriously doubt this is a PCI card issue. What vendor is this? MeanOldDBA
[email protected] When life gives you a lemon, fire the DBA.
Can you see any other events in event viewer?
Apart from PCI card I doubt on the array controller too. Satya SKJ
Contributing Editor & Forums Moderator
http://www.SQL-Server-Performance.Com
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no rights for the sake of knowledge sharing.
No Satya..Event viewer has just this error twice..then the server auto-rebooted.
Thanks.. yes, the NOC has contacted the vendor also..
Thanks,
Anand.K
[email protected] "What would you attempt to do if you knew that you could never fail"
-Robert Schuller

If you have found PCI cards are not seated properly, then you must ensure to fix the hardware issues before restarting the server. Do not attempt to fix the Hardware problem while server is switched on. Lets wait what vendor finds out the problem. Satya SKJ
Contributing Editor & Forums Moderator
http://www.SQL-Server-Performance.Com
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no rights for the sake of knowledge sharing.
]]>