searc functionality | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

searc functionality

Hi I am trying to create report that can search in database for sertain informaion. I have Database souce in Access which has linked table to Oracle dababase. that’s only thing i can have access to so have no other choice to go direct Oracle database! I have following similiar query to have report select dt.test_Name, dt1.address,dt.zip, dt1.contactinfo
from deadtable dt
join deadtable1 dt1 on dt.test_nbr = dt1.test_nbr where
dt.test_name like ? –> this is the parameter i am trying to use to pass information in. is there a better way that i can use please advise. Thanks Thanks!!
Are you running this query in SQL SErver?
Have you defined linked server connection to other data sources correctly?. Satya SKJ
Microsoft SQL Server MVP
Writer, Contributing Editor & Moderator
http://www.SQL-Server-Performance.Com
This posting is provided AS IS with no rights for the sake of knowledge sharing. The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes of mind.
yes i am running this query in Reporting services. the Data source to Access which has linked tables of Oralce database is defined correctly. It works fine but when i try to put search parameter, which i have little knowledge about, so i am trying to use ? as parameter since access or oracle does not like named parameters!! thanks Thanks!!
Then as per your other question you have to built a temp.table to extract rows from Oracle to SQL and then use this search functionality. I’m not sure how you can achieve but if you have a Microsoft support you might take that route to achieve the task. Satya SKJ
Microsoft SQL Server MVP
Writer, Contributing Editor & Moderator
http://www.SQL-Server-Performance.Com
This posting is provided AS IS with no rights for the sake of knowledge sharing. The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes of mind.
what i have is access database that has linked tables from oracle. Now i create data source in reporting service that will have access to the access database. and i am creating report. But i am trying to use parameter in the reports that will help me to search for any string in to database using ? parameter. but i want ti make it as that i can search for any letter such as if i type ABS in parameter text box then it would give me all the name that contains ABS just like like function in SQL. but i don’t know in in this matter what to use? thanks Thanks!!
]]>