Size of the database on logshipping | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

Size of the database on logshipping

hi all a quick question if we want to implement logshipping then let’s say its running if i want to increase the size of the
database on the primary server, how should I do it on the secondary server.I mean to ask how should we increase the size
of the database on the secondeary server.
Would be greatful if i get some respone thanks.

Hi,
You can alter size of your database on primary server, but you can not change it on seconday server as it is in standby and readonly mode.

do you have any disk free space issues>?
If so you can perform the change on the primary server, stop the log shipping and restore the databsae to secondary to take this afect and then continue log shipping.

]]>

Software Reviews | Book Reviews | FAQs | Tips | Articles | Performance Tuning | Audit | BI | Clustering | Developer | Reporting | DBA | ASP.NET Ado | Views tips | | Developer FAQs | Replication Tips | OS Tips | Misc Tips | Index Tuning Tips | Hints Tips | High Availability Tips | Hardware Tips | ETL Tips | Components Tips | Configuration Tips | App Dev Tips | OLAP Tips | Admin Tips | Software Reviews | Error | Clustering FAQs | Performance Tuning FAQs | DBA FAQs |