SP4 issue | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

SP4 issue

I already have SP3 on all my sql server.Now I want to install SP4 on these server,I am wondering do I have to remove/uninstall SP3 before installing SP4.
Does running SP4 on a sql server with SP3 will cause any trouble.I cant give any downtime so I want to make the problems and solutions handy.Please share your experiences while applying SP4
You don’t have to uninstall SP3 , just install the SP4. there are hotfixes also you need to install after installing SP4
Memory of my servers are above 3 GB.I havent enabled AWE in my db server ,as I have some other applications also in this server and they too consume memory. So I guess I dont have to install the hotfix.Point me if I am going wrong
yes you have to if you have anable AWE. there afew issues in SP4 with AWE
msmvps.com/epprecht/archive/2005/05/14/46940.aspx hot fix is available in msmvps.com/epprecht/archive/2005/06/19/54058.aspx
Is SP4 also compatible with personal edition,as i havent found this in documentation.
well, AFAIK, it should be compatible with SP4, they are not releasing Sps for each version. So it has to be compatible.
Aaron#
Always check README.HTML in case if you’re in doubt about new release of hotfix or service pack. Satya SKJ
http://www.SQL-Server-Performance.Com/forum
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no rights for the sake of knowledge sharing.
]]>