sp_helpdb | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

sp_helpdb

Does anyone have noticed any changes in the result returned by sp_helpdb in SQL Server 2005? It seems that the value of the column filename returned by sp_helpdb something (may be chr(0)) between each character.
Sp_helpdb in 2000 as no problem and return no filename column.
I’ll try in 2005.
Luis Martin
SQL-Server-Performance.com Although nature commences with reason and ends in experience it is necessary for us to do the opposite, that is to commence with experience and from this to proceed to investigate the reason.
Leonardo Da Vinci Nunca esperes el reconocimiento de tus hijos, eso ocurrirá luego de tu muerte
All postings are provided “AS IS” with no warranties for accuracy.
Hi Luis, I should be more specific. sp_helpdb master

Ok. In 2000 that is what filename returns: d:mssql2kMSSQLdatamaster.mdf and that is what filename in 2005 returns: D:program FilesMicrosoft SQL ServerMSSQL.1MSSQLDATAmaster.mdf Luis Martin
SQL-Server-Performance.com Although nature commences with reason and ends in experience it is necessary for us to do the opposite, that is to commence with experience and from this to proceed to investigate the reason.
Leonardo Da Vinci Nunca esperes el reconocimiento de tus hijos, eso ocurrirá luego de tu muerte
Hi Luis, I guess you’re getting the result directly in SQL Server tools. I’m getting the result thru ODBC DSN in Visual FoxPro.

Hi Pcsql, In that case wait for experts.
Luis Martin
]]>