SQL 2000 on Win 2003 | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

SQL 2000 on Win 2003

Any special considerations installing SQL 2000 Standard on Win 2003 Enterprise? I just did this and it corrupted the NIC driver or IP stack (still not sure). May end up reinstalling OS. I installed SQL SP3 but this did not fix the issues. Can’t login to domain. SQL issues like no changes made in Enterprise manager persist.
I have not run into any problems like this. My gut feeling is that it is not SQL Server causing the problem, but some other issue. —————————–
Brad M. McGehee, MVP
Webmaster
SQL-Server-Performance.Com

You haven’t applied any group policies after installing SQL? If so, then these may reset some security settings that SQL requires… I’ve not had any issues with SQL on W2k3, so far… Cheers
Twan
Check as referred and also review information from event viewer, SQLSTP.log for more details. _________
Satya SKJ

No policies, this was a vanilla machine up until SQL install. Applying the cumulative SQL patch seemed to finally make the remaining errors go away. One other thing also made some event errors disappear. Moving the /3GB and /PAE switches after the /fastdetect switch. I don’t see why the order matters. The issue also seemed to be related to network drivers not loading before the SQL services were starting so they couldn’t authenticate properly.
I don’t know the reason either, but the /3GB and /PAE have to go after the /fastdetect switch. I have experimented with this some, and this is the only option that I found that works for me. —————————–
Brad M. McGehee, MVP
Webmaster
]]>