SQL 2005 Cluster Setup question. | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

SQL 2005 Cluster Setup question.

I would like to setup SQL 2005 clustering. I am not sure what all I need to have …
I have a Windows 2003 Enterprise Server with multiple VM’s on it. It meets the hardware requirements. When I read the Clustering related MS document, it said to install MSCS (Microsoft Cluster Server) — where can I locate MSCS? Is it part of Windows 2003 server? Also, do I need to install anything else? Thanks in advance for your time.
A couple of questions. First, what kind of virtual machines are you running? Second, what is the goal you hope to attain by using clustering? —————————–
Brad M. McGehee, MVP
Webmaster
SQL-Server-Performance.Com
My goal is to setup a development environment with SQL 2005 Cluster. Also would like to explore the Cluster features and how they are setup. The Window 2003 Enterprise server that I am using also has MS Virtual Server 2005 installed on it. Using which I have created a couple of Virtual Machines.
Windows Server 2003 Clustering Services is a component of Windows Server 2003 Datacenter and Enterprise Editions. Clustering is installed by default. You only need to configure a Cluster by launching Cluster Administrator.
]]>